Thursday, October 25, 2007

Timid Tommies



Just finished my first Brit Armor platoon and thought I would share some shots of them. I got the whole boxed army to paint yet, but the first set is done. I think they will be fun to play in Flames of War being Reluctant Veterans. I joke all the time about them being 'timid Tommies' because of it.
Yes, that's a Firefly above. Gotta love 'em. I was introduced to them by way of Microsoft's Close Combat II. I was happy to find a Sherman tank that could shoot thru Tiger. Anyway, enjoy.

Here's a shot of one of the objective markers with a German command stand near it. I'm pleases with how it turned out. I tried static grass for the first time ever, and I've been painting for about 10 years now. I liked it. The burnt grass gives it a little something more.
Some of the items on the tank I wasn't sure what it was. Like that huge cloth thing that sticks out of the commander's hatch. So I made it the Union Jack. It seemed to fit and it brings the attention to the center of the model.

No comments: