Wednesday, May 02, 2007

5150 test




I did a test run of the rules. I bet that I missed a lot of stuff, but I did get some idea of the rules. At the time, I didn't have the print version and had to run back and forth to my computer to check the rules and table.




My impression of the rules is that they will give me a quick battle with not a lot of book keeping. I like that, more action less work. Once I get settled into my duty station (yes, I'm getting deployed again 3 times in two years) I hope to do an 'actual batrep'. That will have to wait until after the weekend for sure.




below are a few shots I took of the battle. Basicly I had a platoon of light infantry hiding in buildings and what not trying to prevent the elemental from getting to the other table edge. I wasn't concerned with points or what not, I just wanted to get a feel for the rules. I did about 4 turns. The fourth turn featured a very heroic infantry squad took the brunt of a rocket strike, rallied to stay after losing 3 of 5 members and then manged to nock out the battlearmor with two well placed shots from the laser carbines. I gotta tell you, I was pulling for the Elemental, but these things happen.

No comments: